Save the date to tour homes in the Twin Cities designed by licensed architects and brought to you by the AIA Minnesota chapter. Set for one weekend only, the tour is open September 19-20 from 10 am – 5 pm. Tickets are available online for $25.
This year twenty homes will be on the tour giving attendees the chance to view architectural design and how it can make the difference in a home. Thankfully, the planners have grouped the homes in a way so people can see homes that interest them:
- “City Growers” features homes in Minneapolis
- “Love of the Landscape” includes homes sensitive to the landscape surrounding them
- “Lofty Spaces” feature three lofts in Minneapolis and one in Saint Paul
- “Green Ideas”
- “Entertaining Spaces”
- “Craftsmanship” highlights details in design, woodwork and more
- “Suburban Redo” lets visitors see how a home can transform from the original design
The tour is comprised of 14 architectural firms from the Twin Cities, varying from 1-50 person offices. It is meant to show visitors the range in talent available and how architectural design can span small jobs to luxury masterpieces.