Tax Credit Savings Just for You!

Some of you may not have heard of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, where homeowners can qualify for tax credits if they make energy related home improvements from 2006 to 2007. To get the credit improvements must meet certain standards set by the IRS and be to your primary residence.

Of course if you snooze, you lose. The credits are only available to the end of this year so you better get you act together and get those projects started as soon as possible.

A max of $500 applies to the following items:

  • heat pumps
  • exterior windows and doors
  • insulation
  • central air conditioning
  • certain roofing material…and more

To find out more information, go to the government website.

Leave a Comment